Bank Director 101
Presented by the Alabama State Banking Department
February 18th, 2016 (8:30 am to 11:30 am, Preceding the Auburn University Bank Directors' College)
Bank Director 101 is the new companion course to the Auburn University Bank Directors' College. This course is for directors who want to learn the role and responsibilities of an informed and effective director. The goal of this course is to re-enforce the uniqueness and importance of this position in your financial institution.
What you will learn:
- Enhance techniques to better protect assets, maintain board independence, and retain key personnel in order to help your bank prosper and your community grow;
- Understand the importance of your fiduciary responsibility to your organization, shareholders, employees and the community you serve;
- Minimize your personal liability as a bank director and learn best practices to develop policy, make crucial strategic decisions and determine the overall direction of your bank.
- Academic setting and small class size allows two-way exchange of information;
- Critical topics selected and presented by primary state regulators;
- Increase your knowledge of ethics, governance, and effective management;
- Network with state regulators and other bank directors in order to share knowledge and experiences.
Who should attend:
This course is especially useful for new directors and directors of Alabama financial institutions who have not met the Superintendent of Banks (John Harrison) and the Deputy Superintendent of Banks (Trabo Reed) of the Alabama State Banking Department.
However, directors from neighboring states will benefit from attending this course due to the areas of interest covered:
- Director Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Director Liability
- Board Independence
- Hiring and Retaining competent senior management
- Audit Committee Responsibility
Click on speaker for more information.
Superintendent of Banks, Alabama State Banking Department
Deputy Superintendent of Banking, Alabama State Banking Department
Registration fees include all materials, meals, and refreshment breaks. Participants are responsible for making their own hotel accommodations. A discounted rate is available at The Hotel for this event.
View the registration page to see the full pricing structure.
Top of Page
We have secured a block of rooms at the Marriott Courtyard Auburn. Unfortunetly, lodging at The Hotel at Auburn University & Dixon Conference Center is no longer available
Conference attendees are responsible for lodging reservations.
The Hotel at Auburn University & Dixon Conference Center
241 S College St
Auburn Alabama 36830
Toll free: 1-800-228-2876
Sold Out as of January 30th.
Marriott Courtyard Auburn
2420 W Pace Blvd
Auburn, AL 36830
(At I-85, Exit 51) Approximately 4 miles from the confrence venue
If calling direct, mention "Bank Directors' College" when booking.
Conference Rate: $109
Top of Page